Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dumbfounded

I refused to get on the mob mentality about the anger directed towards Jose Reyes, the Mets and doctors associated with the Mets, due the recent rumblings about Jose's hyperthyroidism.

I don't claim to be a doctor or someone who is an expert at thyroid issues but I do know that it's treatable with medication. In fact, WebMD claims that hyperthyroid is left untreated can lead to heart and bone problems. For a professional athlete, I can see why this is a concern and wanting to nip it in the bud. How was this impacting his game? And was he feeling fine before being diagnosed? Was it all precautionary?

I guess, being a Mets fan for so many years, and even though they haven't exactly given me a reason to "believe" recently, I do have to say that...I was willing to give a benefit of the doubt here and let them come to me when Jose was given the all-clear.

Not happenin' now. According to multiple reports, Jose Reyes is going to be out to the tune of 2-8 weeks. TWO TO EIGHT FUCKING WEEKS PEOPLE.

With Beltran out as well, this is simply 2009 spilling into 2010 all over again. I was in denial about it, but now it's reality.

On MSF's Facebook page, I brought back an oldie but a goodie from 2009 -- "Now's the Time to Reyes Goodbye." His value to the Mets is both a blessing and a curse.

To have the team's success riding upon his performance is a blessing. Not many teams have that spark.

However, to have the team absolutely flounder without him there. That's not a good thing either and just goes to show that this team's window for winning may have been good and gone, as Senor Solly says, after the third strike in 2006. Unfortunately, due to his recent injuries and now this health issue, his value is as a good as the junk at Sanford & Son's Salvage Yard.

So now what? I am simply dumbfounded. DUMBFOUNDED. This can be the pits.

11 comments:

Edgy DC said...

Wait, you were giving them the benefit of the doubt, but not now that you realize there might be some downtime?

debmc said...

Coop, you're either the most optimistic and trusting Mets fan I know, or you are totally delusional. Probably, it's a combination of both. LOL You know that for some time now, I've lost what little confidence I had in the current version of the Met hierarchy and "core" of players gradually over the past few years. So, basically, nothing would surpise me. No, I take that back -- there is one thing that would surprise me. And that one thing would be to see the Mets make one, single, itty bitty, teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini move that would actually show a smidgen, a microgram, a milligram, a kilogram of intelligence and thought...and it doesn't even have to be directly related to baseball. I mean, that's not asking much, is it. Is It? IS IT?????????

Coop said...

Hey Edgy DC. Just want to say if it wasn't for all my haters out there, I wouldn't have a site. Secondly, I have been willing to give the team the benny of the doubt after you know 2007, 2008 and 2009 because I am a fan first and foremost and I guess I've been buying the idea that yeah, comebacks are possible. Now? MIGHT be some downtime? Reyes out - 2-8 weeks. Beltran - out till May AT LEAST. I wouldn't be surprised if they said Reyes was retiring in 8 weeks at this point. In any case, if you take umbrage with what I write or what I suggest, might you be a little diplomatic about it? Kthxbai. Love, the Coop

Coop said...

Now Deb, you know I am far from trusting, but I had no reason to NOT believe that things would be, well, ok. Oh and btw, I blame David Wright for all this. Yes, he had to have that whole song and dance about them going far into October...when we all know it would take a monster performance from EVERYONE (including the guy who said it) to overcome it all. I'm not trusting, just a fan :)

debmc said...

Coop, WADR, you had EVERY reason, EVERY.REASON., to believe that things would NOT be ok. EVERY.FUCKING.REASON. The Mets have been the textbook example of Murphy's Law for quite a few years now. Since The Beltran Moment in the 2006 playoffs. And the Mets refuse, steadfastly, to do anything at all about it. Stubborn to a fault - idiotic to a T.

Coop said...

i won't disagree with that dear. I guess the whole idea of having the highest payroll in the Natl League, and having nothing to show for it...it dumbfounds me (hence the title)

debmc said...

Anonymous, I strongly suggest you take/retake English 101. That is all. :)

Coop said...

Deb, we need to start the BPPOW at GBU again soon!! I will...

Lisa Swan said...

As somebody who was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism three years ago, I'm flummoxed as to why the Mets aren't even giving him medication. Rest isn't going to do it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

they had to be based upon signs or symptoms away from character. [url=http://www.century21powers.com/saintlaurent.asp]yves saint laurent handbags[/url] s,world|culture|us|location|states|locale|rural|united states of america|uk|own country|territory|earth|great outdoors|continent|country music|rustic|country|kingdom|the country|spot} during which teenagers became secretive concerning a person's sexuality.
that you are dressed in a strip accompanied by a big buckle take it off and additionally send in it to gain check. [url=http://www.century21powers.com/saintlaurent.asp]Yves Saint Laurent[/url] g,liquids|with regard to|here is an example|result in overheating|fluids, for instance|for instance|illustration|as an instance|along the lines of|instance|with regard to example|case in point|as|as an example,warm up liquids|quickly|regarding|heating up liquids|rapidly overheat|as for instance|because|warming|to provide an example|warmed|warm|heating|eg|warming up|reminiscent of}, you should buy a bin related with stones which go in building lecture rooms within town Jafarpur.
and at the same time we had arrived getting old and interested in saying on the iphone compared to what playing with modest their toys. [url=http://www.century21powers.com/ysl.asp]YSL outlet[/url] really, i'm not sure those things that.
the amazing Spiderman school bagsIf you would like Spiderman, then you are in the best place. [url=http://www.century21powers.com/saintlaurent.asp]Cheap YSL[/url] Baird's lf pieces, And padding my personal plastic in a frequent golf bag couldn't survive good! as to the reasons acknowledge a squished sandwich when you are able use the extra large Ziploc coin purses..
http://www.chineseinthai.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=2030891&extra=page%3D1&frombbs=1
http://bbs.chych.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=81442
http://www.61mmbb.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8191035