Thursday, June 04, 2009

Who Am I and What Have I Done With Me?

Is it Live? Or is it Post-Traumatic Mets Disorder (PTMD)?

Why am I not bent over today's loss? Why am I not freaking out over three losses in a row (to the Pirates, no less)?

I feel like I am just floating along aimlessly. Since the B and C team, sometimes D teams, are playing, I'm just not feeling them, like I have no emotional attachment towards this team.

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

And yet I can't look away. Of course I care about how the teams, OF COURSE I do.

I am just not bent about today's loss.

I guess part of me knows they'll snap out of it eventually. Three losses to the Marlins, of course. THAT I would have been bent about. But against a non-division rival. Meh.

Look - the Mets dropped a three-game series against the Astros last year (a sub-par Astros team, I may add) and even David "Ex" Newhan hit a home run in one of those games.

I was upset about losing since I always want my team to go 162-0. But it's time to move on folks. A subpar team beat us.

You think we'd be used to it by now given the last two seasons.

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

********************************************************
In some other news, Tony LaRussa tweets!!

Well, no, not really but some dude used his name as an alias and apparently is causing LaRasshat duress. Well, okay, admittedly, the tweets are sort of on the "mean" side. But does he really need to sue Twitter? (BTW, you can follow my game tweets @Coopz22.)

********************************************************
Metsblog reports that Holliday or Carlos Lee are linked to the Mets.

All I can say to either (Carlos Lee preferably) is...git 'ir done, Omar. Git 'ir done.

2 comments:

LadyMet said...

Hahaha LaRussa! Oops, sorry, that was mean.

I feel your apathy, coop. The only thing that I had any feelings at all about from this series was Beltran's quote from today. Hurray, he speaketh the truth!

I think the entire Mets blogging community has no fire or grit. Omar needs to publicly call us out.

CharlieH said...

Now with Jose's hammy...

I think we're circling the drain.