Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Are Our Own Worst Enemy

OK, I'm not one to panic so early in the season.

But I'm starting to believe the hype.

Where do I begin?

Today's game alone is enough.

David Wright LOB = FIVE

Lindstrom comes in with a 9+ ERA and we STILL cannot buy a hit.

J.J. Putz is officially on my shit list.

I thought the bullpen was where we IMPROVED. Meanwhile, back at camp, we are on our way to blowing way more saves this season than last.

To add insult to injury, the team leaves the bases freaking LOADED in the bottom of the ninth, with two men on with NO outs. And still cannot at the very least tie the game.

And Jerry Manuel is doing his BEST Willie Randolph impression. I would agree with taking out Johan when he did in the game (We don't want our ace straining himself this early in the season), but pinch hitting Santos for Castro who was doing well? That sounds like a Patented BIC Willie (BIC = Baseball Intellectually Challenged) move.

For the rest of the time - Oliver Perez is reminding that Victor Zambrano DOES indeed live.

This team is 2-4 against the Marlins already this season. And lost TWO games to a Ramirez-less Marlins. And they are 2-1 against the Nats.

And we lose games by ONE run.

I think I've figured it out. This team has NO killer instinct.

The discussion today was how David Wright is the face of the franchise but he represents the franchise - nice guys, afraid of raising a fuss. And being GIGANTIC pussies when the chips are down. It sucks that DW is getting booed now, and I am not one who boos her own team. But it's starting to get justified with DW.

I promised myself not to get too worried till May 1. But that's Friday. And they have the day off tomorrow. And this team totally SUCKS.

And once again, Johan Santana is denied a well-deserved win.

2 comments:

caryn said...

the bunting. WTF? what a pussy move.

CharlieH said...

No sack.

Been saying it for too long now...