Saturday, November 01, 2008

For the Love of Pete - STFU

Okay I was gonna let the little barbs against New York slide. I was. But why does Philly have the inferiority complex they have, you know, AFTER THEY WON THE FUCKING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP?

You'd think they'd just be like - okay, we won. Let's move on. But nooooo...

Here is a story on what Jimmy "I Blow Goats" Rollins after their parade:

"Speaking at Friday's celebration for the Phillies' World Series victory, the shortstop mentioned Mets left-hander Johan Santana and the crowd booed. But Rollins was loudly cheered after saying the Mets forgot one thing. As he put it: 'It takes more than one player to bring home a championship.'"


Okay, first off - why the need to mention Santana? Did he play in the playoffs? Did he make that much of an impact on you this year that you felt the need to mention him? I would arguably say that Jo-Jo was probably the best pitcher in the NL this year. And it's true, teams do need more than one player to win a championship.

Last I checked, the Mets had more than one player. Just some critical ones got injured at the wrong time. Thus, putting other players into positions they were not ready for.

Not making excuses - just saying that when you are home to the biggest pussy posse in BASEBALL (not just the NL - BASEBALL), sure that's right.

But for the love of fuck, can't these guys just enjoy it without rubbing it in the Mets faces?

It just goes to show -- the Mets are in their head. And the Phils can't get it out of their heads that they need the Mets to lose in such an ugly fashion to win the division and "got lucky" in the crapshoot called the playoffs...They need to beat the Mets in the regular season.


That's the only thing I can think of.

Look, as far as I am concerned, the Phils won the division fair and square. Had the Mets been in the Wild Card, we'd of course be looking at a much different ending scenario. Because of the bad blood between these two teams, we'd see a lot more excitement than the Rays laying down and dying in the final round.


But I see that the Phils are still thinking -- if not for the Mets "collapse" (which I don't even consider in 2008 - had this happened in 2007 -- the Phils winning everything -- you'd have read about me in the paper...something to do with a bridge...anyhoo)...they'd haven't gotten there anyway.

It's flattering, I guess.. But annoying. Much like a sore loser, there can be sore WINNERS. It's obvious to me that not only are the Phils the latter, but they are going to be tougher next year to make sure they get the Mets out of their system.

Well, in that respect, I'll channel Jake Taylor from Major League in saying what the mets need to do in 2009 -

There's only one thing to do.

Win the whole. Fucking. Thing.

4 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

I can recall Rollins telling The Philly Press that the Fans are a bunch of Front-Runners:

If they fall on their arses in '09, he'll get booed like Santa Claus was.

Michael Leggett said...

It doesn't help The Mets Cause with a Guy named Jeffy, running the show.

Deb said...

Coop, I really don't care what the Phillies or their Phucking Phans have to say at this point. If they use their Met Hatred as a motivational tool, then all I have to say is.. good for them!

Kranepool and I both think the Mets ought to take a page out of the Phillies book. In fact, the 2009 Met slogan should be "Bring On The Hate," and we should all have T-shirts saying that, and wear them proudly! Perhaps to make it even stronger, we should put Rollins' puss on them, with "Bring On The Hate" scrawled right across his Philly Puss *snicker.* I like it, I love it, let's do it!

Anybody here know how to get this done? Perhaps we ought to start a "Bring On The Hate" blog of a sort... ?????? Thoughts?

Ken Dynamo said...

i'm all about more hate. go ahead phillies, make my seista.