Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Aftermath

I can't believe that I live in a world where the Philadelphia Phillies are the World Champions.

The 2008 World Champions, Philadelphia Phillies. Excuse while I go vomit.

Well, I guess it's all karma, because they technically should have won in 1993, so it's good. For baseball. And I guess I can be happy that a NL team won. Poor Tampa though, I think mostly everyone was rooting for them, being the underdog.

And maybe, now, just maybe, the team can actually get over their hard-on about the Mets and move on with their lives. Now that they are the champs, can we please stop listening to them fucking BELLY ACHING about the Mets hi-fiving each other in their own dugout? Y'know because Jimmy Rollins sliding into second and doing a "Praise Jeebus" and Shane Victorino clapping and pointing towards the Mets dugout is ok.

OK, I'm done.

Congrats to the Phils. I'm happy for their fans. And pleased the NL East won it.

But let's kick their ass next year.

Happy hockey season. Let's go Rangers.

I'll be back this week with some thoughts prior to the Hot Stove. Later.

5 comments:

Julie/ChicagoMetsFan.com said...

As you point out, I guess it's good the NL team won the series, but we're going to hear about it all off-season and all season long. I want to be shot now. But yes, I hope they can get over their yapping at the Mets and move on.

Sassdawg. said...

Uuuuh, God

Coop said...

Honestly though, I would be more bent about it if it was in 2007. This year I have no beef with it. The Phils technically won the division fair and square. I'd be more pissed if it was down to the last day. I also wished the Sox won the AL. I think they would have CLOBBERED the Phils into oblivion. LOL

Michael Leggett said...

From Red Sox Nation-NY Metro Area:

The Tampa Bay Rays weren't competitive in Fresh Air. At 55*F, they acted like the Series was held in Montreal, minus a dome.

Michael Leggett said...

The Cowbells, no doubt, were discovered by Stu Sternberg, after his MANY Trips to Shea Stadium, Home of Cowbell Man.