Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Last Day At Shea

I'll have more tomorrow...and the day after...and the day after next. Basically, I am so wiped from the events of this weekend, it's not even friggin funny so I can barely string one coherent thought let alone a few.

So in case you haven't noticed, the Mets lost today, the Brewers won, and thus eliminated any chances of a postseason in New York, and not involving the Yankees. What was disappointing most to me is not even the bullpen blowing the game -- it was not even out of reach and frankly, I expect them to give up runs -- is that the offense completely blew goats today, it was unbelievable.

But as I said a few days, I accepted our fate, whatever will be will be, I would just enjoy it while I can, and take the good with the bad. Well, Thursday = good. Friday = bad. Saturday = very good. Sunday = very bad.

You know, I'm not about tipping my cap or whatever, but when the insignificant Marlins completely disrespect you AND your house (by hanging out on the field acting like they actually won something), then this team (meaning: The Mets) did not deserve to win anything. I am sorry, but the Big Pussy's Posse in still effect. I'm sorry, but this team did absolutely nothing for me to warrant keeping anyone around next year, and I'm completely serious. Fire the whole fucking lot, if you ask me.
But I'm not going to be bitter. Clearly, this team had many opportunities to blow this thing wide open. But the only thing blowing anything open was the bullpen doing that to games. So the fact that we even had to wait the second to last game to get a division winner and not decide the wild card till later...that just says it all. If this team were going to do anything, it would have been weeks ago.
C'est la vie, I guess. Now it's back to my regularly scheduled programming, including (but not limited to): sleep; no alcohol most nights; my addicting Showtime programs; more sleep; weekends not worrying about where to watch games; trying to write a meaningful blog each night; sleep; having a life again.
I think I was more upset about the fact that Doc Gooden and Darryl Strawberry had wasted talent; that since I was 7, I've had no life other than being a Mets fan; that I said goodbye to what Mr. E called the place I "grew up in;" that I keep coming back for more. Thank you, sirs, may I have another?
All in all, 2008 was memorable. Whether good or bad, it doesn't matter. We'll remember 2008 for a long time coming...but although it ended the same way as 2007 (with a loss to the Marlins), it was not nearly as bitter.

The Coop and Mr. E thanks Shea and the Mets for our memories!!!

4 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

The Germans Have Bombed Pearl Harbor:

The Mets say Goodbye;

Sell The Bullpen for Scrap

caryn said...

just sending hugs.

Ceetar said...

I agree, didn't hurt as much, more anger than heartbreak. 2008 had a lot more positive things, despite that it ended with such a pathetic bullpen and a manager that got the least from them.

Murphy, and Pelfrey, and Santana. And of course Wright Reyes and Beltran continue to be the cream of the crop. How a team full of such talent didn't win is shocking.

Michael Leggett said...

THAT Bullpen was put together, in order to satisfy Max Bialystock(Jeffy That Hideous Little S--t), so he could get even with someone for a Contract Extension, because JEFFY and Bernazard The Treacherous, HATED Somebody:

The New "Fans" will be just like those Hankie-Waving Dickweeds at The Trop and in South Philly, where they never gave 2 S--ts about their team;

F--k Jeffy!