Monday, June 09, 2008

The Coop Says...

Just because I'm bored with the team right now doesn't mean I can't plug plug plug away.

Two things - one is that our own fearless leader, Willie Randolph, is helping to promote the launch of a new search engine called BeFitNYC.org - which will allow New Yorkers to find fitness activities in their neighborhoods around the city. The official announcement will be tomorrow, at 12 pm at the Prospect Park Tennis Center. Check it out.

Lastly, the guys over at the Rocks Off Concert Cruises have asked Mets fan to stand up and be counted! For selected Saturday games in the summer, they are hosting a cruise that departs from Skyport Marina at 23rd and FDR. I've been told there is beer, food, music, and a refreshing breeze.
The cruises are on the Half Moon, which departs from the , and boarding begins at 12:30 pm the day of the game, with departure at 1 pm. They last for 2 hours and there are lots of cool sights to see from the boat, like Riker's Island and LaGuardia Airport. Tickets to the game are included in the price of the cruise ($39 in advance, $45 day of), or people who already have game tickets can come along for $20 ($25 day of).

I am tempted to take them up on their offer, just to see what it is all about. Unfortunately, I won't be able too until late July, but who's comin' wit' me! Should be more interesting than the games at this point.

I will be at the game tomorrow, so stop by and say hi peeps.

7 comments:

will said...

oh man did you also get that pr email? i was really confused.

Coop said...

I got a lot of PR emails today LOL - gotta write about something. I think my blog is collecting dust.

dave said...

Wow, looks like everybody got hit with the PR emails. Me too.

schmifty said...

Hey Coopy I just saw your 'fantasy' team comments on BMF. He may be under the radar for most but I THOROUGHLY agree on the Schoe. I can't remember if you have talked to him? He is one sexy sexy MF'er, he could chat up a brick wall, I swear...

I can't explain it but I enjoy some Schneider too. Nady doesn't work for me (yup, the face).

Coop said...

Schmifty! I didn't exactly talk to him but I went to a Mets event where the entire team was there (in nice suits and ties and shoes :) ) and I got flustered, spun around and nearly melted (literally) right into Scho's arms. SIGH Honestly my gals think he's so hot but i never saw it - til i almost ran him over :)

schmifty said...

ah, Scho in a suit - that would do it! Those pics of him in a suit at the Mets Welcome Home dinner made me gasp at my desk. like this shot

Coop said...

hey, where did you get that? (that was where I nearly melted into a Schoe puddle :) )