Thursday, April 10, 2008

Big Pussy (Pussies?) Return(s)

So my buddy Joe Janish over at Mets Today told me something funny at the Mets opening day (on the road...) event.

He thinks Aaron Heilman is the best pitcher in the National League.

Note that he did not say the best reliever. The best pitcher. I thought it was bold. But when he had a good showing, I thought he might be onto something.

Given that he's given up the most home runs so far this season as a relief fucking pitcher, I would say his vagina has come back to haunt him.

And don't get me started on Shirley Beltran. He's got an opportunity to hit a sac fly to drive in the GO AHEAD run in the bottom of the 8th. But noooooooooo.

All I can say is that it's deja vu all over again. Meet the 2008 Mets, same as the 2007 Mets.

Bunch of fucking pussies.

6 comments:

Julie/ChicagoMetsFan.com said...

Couldn't agree more. Everyone's worried about the starting pitching holding up etc, but there wasn't one improvement to the bullpen from last year! Again, I couldn't agree more.

will said...

heilman and beltran's suckitude in the 8th made me tear my hair out. i am done with heilman. DONE. he should not pitch in the eighth in a close game. if he does, i'll probably be bald by the end of may.

debmc said...

I've never been a fan of Herr Heilman, and I just don't get the love for him. I dunno, maybe his constant whining and pining for a starting role is a huge red herring meant solely to disguise the fact that he just.plain.sucks. LOL

And I told you about Shirley, Coop (*wags finger in front of Coop)! You were way too quick to take him off the BP list last year, hee hee hee.

MG said...

deb, i don't think there's ANY love for Heilman left. ANywhere. Except maybe from a bunch of quasi racist white dudes who like him because he's like them.

debmc said...

I don't agree with that. I think there are still a lot of Mets fans who are not only in his room, but in his corner, lol. I haven't understood for years what people see in him, even my own mother *sigh,* lol.

Anonymous said...

I worry that one day your beloved team will drive you to an early grave Coop. Met think s when I see you at the next game (I'm goin today btw), I will give you an Easy Button and a big hug.

Khalid