Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ollie = Trade Bait

With one day left to go for P's and C's down in Florida...and a few weeks before I trek off with Zoe and SNK to PSL, I started to think. 'Cause you know, I do that sometimes.

The Mets, for once, have a strong pitching staff and will be less taxing on their bullpen, somewhat. Possibly the most well-rounded team I've seen in my years as a fan.

But, who's the odd man out? I say its Oh Pea. I won't elaborate here though...you gotta get yourself to Flushing University, and read my column -- Odd Man Out. I hate saying it, but 'tis true.

Discuss!

9 comments:

Rickey Henderson said...

No Ollie? But then who will hop like a billygoat over the first base line? Rickey can't stomach that kind of loss...

dykstraw said...

ok this is a whole new level of crazy

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I can't believe you said that, he's my son's emotional fave after Reyes. But it's a good point and a nagging question, the whole Duque/Pelfrey thing. I say def stick with Oliver, let Pelfrey keep earning a spot for 09. fickle woman!
-wynd

Coop said...

LOL @ Wynd...I am a pretty fickle woman. Fool me once, shame on me. I don't even get to the fool me twice part!!

Zoe said...

Ollie's waiting for you in PSL, Coop. He doesn't know what's coming to him!

Julie/ChicagoMetsFan.com said...

Heading to PSL...awesome. If not for Memphis, PSL was the next plan. Know anyone heading to the Mets/White Sox game in Memphis or coming out to Chicago for the Mets? (It's a horrible Monday and Tuesday in April)

Coop said...

Hey Julie/CMF - I don't know anyone going to Chicago in April - b/c of the days you specify, it's tough for people to get the time off :(. I'll be at PSL, with my homegirls Zoe and SNK. Let me know if you plan to be in NY anytime this season!

Michael Leggett said...

The Season of '07 ALMOST Succeeded with no backup plan:

It should remind Jeffy to stay away from Omar.

Julie/ChicagoMetsFan.com said...

I'll actually be in NYC for 3 weeks in August working. I hope to catch a weekend game while there...I'll keep you posted for sure!