Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Really Have Nothing To Root For Now

OK so I root for three New York teams - The Mets are number one, Rangers second, then Jets are a pretty distant third. I lack such emotional investment in them, if they win -- cool. If not, whatev.

Now I can honestly say that I don't hate the Giants...but I will never root for them. Even today, surrounded by a bunch of them.

But I can say this...I do have a ginormous crush on Peyton Manning of Indianapolis. I was thrilled last year in the Super Bowl that I actually had a reason to watch.

Now that his team was eliminated...Well, Eli is not a close or distant second. I might as well stab my eyes out.

Anyway, I'll watch the Bowl this year, like I normally do. But once again, I'll probably be paying attention to the food, the commercials and any cute boys who may be single and at the same party I am at.

BUT -- there is a happy note here. Sort of.
As many of you remember, I made a pact at the beginning of the season with friends at Brooklyn Met Fan, that if the Mets won the World Series this year, a bunch of us would ink our loyalty on our bodies forever with some kind of Mets logo.

Well, I couldn't do that this year...but that doesn't mean I can't get #7.

Check out my new ink - it means OM, like the yoga chant. Now, if only baseball season would start soon...Go Rangers till then.

2 comments:

benny blanco from da bronx said...

I'm pretty indifferent on both football teams. I have no allegience. I'm waiting for one of the new york teams to make me fall in love with them but its not really working. I like the Giants and I'm very happy they won but I'm not a "fan" I guess.
I think they're making it to the Super Bowl.

'll probably be paying attention to the food, the commercials and any cute boys who may be single and at the same party I am at.

I learned something today and that's that Coop is NOT a homewrecker. Very impressive, that's just... stay classy San Diego!

Toasty Joe said...

Coop, you've been tagged. You're it. (See my blog).