Saturday, September 22, 2007

Here's One Way Of Looking at Things...

I know, last night's win was...eek-inducing (see BMF for more commentary - and look at the comments section for more).

Personally, I am of the ilk that a win is a win is a win. And how many games have we lost due to shoddy defense and all around shit play on our part?

Nuff said. It's about time that karma came back to us.

And I know that I am personally PISSED OFF that the Phillies had the fucking balls to celebrate a Mets loss. Yeah, yeah, I know, they are 1.5 games in back. But the Magic Number is 8 (and Number 8 did wonders for us in the 80s...)...the Phils may still be 1.5 games because all of a sudden the Nats forgot how to play baseball...but remembered against us...I digress.

SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND THOSE FUCKERS ON I-95 THAT THEY HAVEN'T WON A DAMN THING YET???? PLEASE????!?!?

But here's another perspective.

Mets fans have always looked over their shoulders to the Braves. No matter how poorly they do, whether it was warranted or not...the Braves have always been enemy #1. Today, over at FU, my esteemed colleague Shari Forst goes into the passing of the torch of division rivals. And also chronicled by homegirl SNK at FU about the fall of the Braves.

But be sure if you want to feel really good -- visit Go Mets Die Braves, which has been my heroin recently on making myself feel better about our situation.

Yes it's tough. But dear readers, it's been tougher.

But especially now since the Braves, our enemies for all those years, are now 4 games from being eliminated.

And need I remind you that when the Mets beat the Braves in a significant fashion, what the #4 represented?

GO METS.

*******************************************************
Hey, if anyone is going to Dana Brand's book party tomorrow, shoot me an email. I'll have the Coop camera, if youare not shy, stop over and say hello!

*******************************************************
PS Did I mention

GO METS!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

bryan said...

Beautifully written. Could not have said it any better.

Bryan
www.metslifer.com

SNK said...

Coop! No love for Oh Pea after that performance? I thought you'd get a recap up there within seconds of the last pitch :)

See you a bit later...