Thursday, August 16, 2007

Big Pussy Strikes Again

Just when you think you are out...he sucks you right back in. Sounds like The Sopranos or The Godfather or some shit.

OK, so as of Wednesday, the Mets won three in a row, managed to gain a whole game in the standings...until Philly won tonight, but Atlanta lost...All good news on the homefront, right?

Unless you count Big Pussy Heilman giving up the winning runs in the 8th inning to the freaking PIRATES.

Granted, I didn't get to see the game since I had the technology day from hell at work...

But this series -- oh, by the way, did I mention the Mets WON it? Well you'd never know, because this was probably about the ugliest series the team won since...I don't know, I guess this season. I have no others in recent memory. Usually, series wins, they're a good thing. This was just ugliness. It was just ugliness from the first pitch Duque threw on Tuesday night to Big Pussy's insurance runs.

And just when we think we can let Shirley Beltran off the hook...Shirley comes up big with a jack in the first inning...but then Brian Lawrence, who seemed to be unhittable at first, gives up three runs. Hey, who knows -- maybe Deb and I over at FU will stop heckling him in cyberspace eventually.

Not to worry...until the Pirates finally caught up with them.

Which begs the question -- why can't this team beat last place teams? It makes no sense.

Well of course it does make sense, if you are a Mets fan that is.

Just showcases their inconsistencies.

Anyway, I guess I can be relieved that this team was able to take the series and all.

I just hope any momentum from the wins carries into Washington for this weekend's series. I hate to say it, but these series will dictate the rest of the season. And I will proudly stand by those words.

4 comments:

MG said...

i'm with ya. my call was that they have to take four out of six or we can pack up and go home.

debmc said...

Speaking of deb, here I am, lol!

All Mets fans, imo, need to face the fact that this team is just not that good this year. The bullpen (or B.P., or just plain BP, 'cause it fits, lol) flat out sucks, the offense is streaky as hell, the injury list would make your local hospital emergency room look like a Wellness Center, and on and on and on.

This is the least fun I can imagine having while my team is on its way to a postseason berth. Really. It's just not fun watching them, it's painful, it's like sitting in the dentist's chair, and he's coming at you with a big fat needle, saying "open wide....." lol.

It really is that bad, for me, at least. LOL

Khalid said...

Foul mouthed, devoted to the Mets and easy on the eyes. I'm positively intrigued ;)

the penis mightier said...

Not for nothing, it's so hot when a gal calls someone a pussy. I don't know what it is, but it's like a siren's call.