Saturday, August 18, 2007

And It Makes Me Wonder

If not for David Wright's timely bat this season, we'd be fighting for third place in the division.

What set this way of thinking off is when I saw him hit a big 2RBI double in the 5th inning tonight.

Then I remembered the beginning of the season, when I made the prediction that his performance would be a key component to the season. I also said he was in danger of believing his own hype.

Say what you want about Jose Reyes being MVP this year. Think what you want about Billy Wagner being a legit CY candidate this year (although I think he has a good shot if it weren't for Brandon Webb channeling Orel Hershiser's pre-Met days).

DW slumped at the beginning of the season...along with Carlos Delgado and a bunch of others who couldn't get their groove. Then came May, and he never looked back.

David Wright is the mack daddy boombatty caddy.

Oh and by the way, the Mets won two in a row. The Phils lost tonight, as did Atlanta.

NOW it's starting to feel like a season.

*******************************************************
The Coop is off to a wedding in Bumblepark Long Island tomorrow. I also have some family issues that suddenly popped up and I might not be posting for a few days. It depends on where I have to be in the next few days.

Dawg, if you read this, feel free to take over the posting for the next couple.

1 comment:

MG said...

"Does anybody remember laughter?"