Friday, June 29, 2007

What do you mean...Rained OUT??!!?!?!?!

I believe those were the exact words I uttered while talking to GG from FU tonight...

Short story long, SNK and I met up at Shea...to get into the Diamond Club or as Bookie calls it "The Bus Depot to Purgatory" (love it).

So the good news is...the Mets didn't lose!!! Even better...we can save Pelf from himself.

Bad news -- I didn't get any of the cool pictures I planned on taking tonight. Oh well. Maybe next time.

************************************************************
In other news, I wanted to take this rain out to announce that the host with the most, BMF, is having a "season do-over" party at Blondies, Friday July 6 vs the Astros. Be there or be very very square!!!

This is in light of the Mets season taking a dive in June...to have a "do-over" since the last time the Motley Krew of BMF constituents last got together was a good thing. Join The Coop, SassDawg, Matt the Met Fan, SNK and all the others in celebrating almost-All Star Break!!

9 comments:

SNK said...

No pics :( oh well, it was fun last night anyway! Time to send Durbin's ERA into triple digits today (wouldnt take much)

BookieD said...

I think they were quick to call the game last night after all the backlash they received Wednesday night's fiasco, where people were hanging around for hours waiting to find out what was going on. I was amazed about the quick "hook", as it was hardly raining in Manhattan (or, at least, on East 54th Street).

Love the Friday Day-Night Double-Header on the eve of a Holiday weekend. Good day to blow out of here early and catch the early game.

Coop said...

Stef, be sure to hold onto your ticket stub from yesterday...if there's a make-up game, we're there!!

Books, Stef and I were in the east side too last night, no rain after a while. But I can't blame them...St Loo had to be somewhere today and Mets have a double header. It makes sense sort of.

GaryG said...

Doubtful they'll make the game up, as we don't play St.Louis again. Bummer big time.

I mean, you can trade in your tix, but in my case no way am I going to get anything near where I was sitting, and if I hold onto them and the game isn't made up I eat them, right?

Coop said...

G, why wouldn't you be able to get comparable seats? I know they have "levels" for certain games but the Cards had to have been pretty high on the color chart. If not, go to Mets.com -- usually they make good on it either way. Whether they have a make-up game or trade-up game.

debmc said...

I'm very disappointed the game didn't get played last night, cause I was really looking forward to your game reports on FU today, and seeing some pics.

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men.... and the baseball schedule, lol.

Coop said...

Deb, dontchoo worry. Stefi and I are going to the Blondies event next week and we'll take pics then!

SNK said...

def! I'll bring my camera... Coop - don't worry, I have my stub. And gary - in my experience, I've actually gotten even better field level tickets when i've exchanged them...you just have to pick the games carefully (a lot of people are away in August so you can sometimes get better seats).

Go Mets - let's sweep the DH!

SNK said...

Oh and Gary - you can save them for next year too if you want...you have a full year to exchange them. if you go to the ticket window at Shea, you can do pretty well