Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What a Fuckin A to Z(ito) Nightmare, Man

The Coop is Back!!!

So I was all psyched initally about last night's game. My guy Oh Pea was taking on my "substitute" guy Zito -- But I also had a weird vision. Zito was 2-3 and Pea was 3-2. I thought, well, if we lose the game, Pea and Zito will be 3-3 each.

Curse myself for thinking that way.

I am still off from work so I decided not to be a big poochie and watch the west coast game. I wish I hadn't. I saw ALL the ugliness that started in the 5th. Now, I don't want to let Pea totally off the hook. After all, he had 2 outs (much like I Wanna Be a Ho) and could have gotten out of the inning with just giving up 3 runs.

And let's be honest here -- two of those runs are a little bogus (after watching the Prince Fielder-like replay a dozen and a half times with Gary calling the non-home run, at best a GR double). Plus his defense screwed him. Easley needs to just...not be starting. Green? Though he is still smacking the ball around, can't we put in like a test dummy out there to field? I think that would be better than him out there.

But you know what, I didn't get the feeling that Pea was losing it after that. He was still throwing heat, almost daring the Giants hitters to swing. Well, they did.

And what is it with these fuckin Molina catchers killing the Mets???

Anyway, I am back from vay-kay in sunny Florida, and already I'm a stressed out Mets fan.

*************************************************
*~~* Pick a Topic - Attend a Game with The Coop! *~~*

So as many of you know, I moonlight as a columnist for Flushing University. I have two pieces under my belt so far - one on Rick Down, the other on Bill Shea.

I had a column forming in my head on the mind of the sports fan, with hockey playoff-mania (as long as the Rangers made it to the third round) and the Mets doing so well, and the Yankees, well, Yankee fans being blinded by all this propaganda.

Well, the Rangers didn't make the third round, so I don't have all the perspective anymore...but maybe YOU do.

If you pick a topic - that is Mets-related or even just NY sports-related, I'll listen...if *I* pick that topic to write about, YOU get to attend a game with MOI!

OK, that's not much of a gift...but if I give tickets away for free, I think Mr. Coop might get upset. Plus, he takes people all the time when I can't go, it's my turn!!!

So throw out your ideas, I'll take them under consideration!

*************************************************
So I'm sure many of you are wondering about my reaction to the Clemens signing with the Yanks. $28 million for ONE YEAR? A HGH-test shortened year, mind you.

Granted Clemens is good...a real competitor and has the heart of a champion. But let's be honest here. He's 44 years old now. It's no longer 1999. Yet Yanks fans are treating it like it is.

In my most humble opinion, that $28 mil could have been used in other areas. Like beefing up the BP that's obviously going to be tapped on more and more with their average pitching age going up about 8 years.

In my most humble opinion, the Yankees have FAR worse problems than a $28 mil contract Clemens could sign.

*************************************************
Many thanks to the Dawg. for pinch hitting and doing a great job while I was away. Dawg., you did good.

Later guys.

4 comments:

Sassdawg. said...

Aight Coop, I've got a topic for you....Baseball Superstitions. If my memory serves, the last time David Wright rocked The Dawg.'s hair doo, he went into a huge upswing in his offense. Could superstition have anything to do with it?

Coop said...

You know, I don't remember the last time they shaved heads on the Mets - wasn't it during Mike Piazza's last year? Superstitions would be a cool column.

Wanna go to a Minnesota game? I think its the Monday or Wed game I have avail.

Sassdawg. said...

I think I'm up for that. I'll definitely let you know.

Sassdawg. said...

So it would appear that the Sassdawg. effect of having the most aerodynamic hairstyle possible has aided one Carlos Delgado in today's game. Los Del'g sent a shot out into McCovey Cove today.

Woo Hoo, Let's go Dilbert's Revenge (My fantasy teamname)