Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Update on The Coop's Personal Life

Yeah, I know this is supposed to be a blog about the Mets but right now, I'm just looking for some me-time.

Anyway, as some of you read, I had posted an extra "free" ticket to tonight's game -- which looks to be a wash out anyway. And I didn't even attempt to make it to Queens. Besides I'm just feeling icky and yucky and any other word that ends in "cky." (Sucky?)

The reason for me posting said extra ticket is this...

After 6 1/2 years together, Mr. Coop and I have decided to part ways.

This means - Coop is single again (not sure I can get used to that part).
The Coop is holding on to some prime real estate in the Mezzanine for the rest of this season.
And the Coop will need plenty of "dates" (guy, chick, animal, whatever) to baseball games this year.

This is not meant to be a pity thing or an attention thing but just a blurb that will make it known why I am looking for guests to baseball games this year. Frequently.

Thanks to all who responded to my offer though! It made me feel good that in this time of stress and sadness for me (because believe me, I *AM* sad, very sad) to know that I have so many people lurking on my blog. A few familiar names, a few not so familiar. I felt special :D

For the future, though, if I post that I have extra tickets available for a game, put a note in the comment thread and I will respond.

I know, it's not ideal. The problem is though, I cannot access my gmail account from work.

If you responded to my email today though and wish to go to a game with me in the future - you will be on the "Coop Double-Secret Mailing List" for dibs on games during the week. Where your price of admission is a beer. OK, maybe french fries too. (peanuts on some nights)

Would it be all right with you guys out there in MSF land if I took some time off, to rejuice my batteries for the Mets - Yankees series?

Speaking of the Mets - Yankees series, I have two extras for the game on Saturday. You can email me, since we have a few days before the game is.

Believe it or not, I am having trouble dumping them. Huh.

Later.

17 comments:

Oliver Perez said...

Hola Senora Coop. Con mucho amor,
Tu Oliver

Sassdawg. said...

Speaking of rejuicing your batteries, I will be attending Friday's game with everybody's Uncle Mike and I will be attending Saturday's game with OG Sassdawg. A.K.A. My dad. So if you want somebody to cover for ya during the next couple of games, I'd be honored, and well seeing as how I'm going to be cheering juiced up for the next week or so, I'm all bout it.

Food for taught.

Coop said...

Thanks Pea :)

Dawg, if you want, do it. No pressure though. It's only one game.

George said...

Hang in there, Coop! Here's hoping you get over all the -cky in your life.

Santa Barbara is just too far away to get any of those tickets, though. Darn.

Itsmetsforme said...

coop--sorry to hear about your trouble, 6 years+ is a long time. I will watch todays snoozer b-squad game in your honor.

But hey look at the bright side, you're an attractive lady with Mets tickets, quite a commodity in any sane world! So take a break then come back with lusty hatred for the yankmes and trust the garish restorative powers of the blue and orange; if the mets could get me through puberty, perhaps they can get you through this break-up.

Hot Foot said...

first beer is on me! put me on your waiting list. :)

Coop said...

Oh Hot Foot - where's my linkage bud??? :p

I've given you love on my sidebar, see?

You are on the Double Secret Probation list.

Mike said...

Coop - You'll just have to lean extra hard on the shoulders of your Summer Family this season.

We'll (along with the boys ont he field . . . including Mr. Pea!) get you through it.

I think a sweep o' Da' Yanks will be the way to get this here thing started right.

Toasty Joe said...

Oh, Coop. Very sorry to hear about this, but don't despair too much. Having met you in person, I can attest that you're a great catch and I fully expect to see that Mezzanine seat next to you occuppied on a full-time basis before too long.

Coop said...

Toasty, not sure if you can get your gmail email but check it if you can!!! Please from a desperate woman!! (ok not as bad as it sounds but whatever...)

mr. met said...

The Coop! Sorry to hear about this…I to fell to the Hoboken curse. I was living with my girlfriend of seven years on Hoboken when we broke it off. If you need anything shoot me an email! I’m always down to go to games as well!

Ed in Westchester said...

coop - I'm sorry to hear this. As stated above, the family and fans will be there for you.

Put me on the secret list if there is space.

I'm not mental either.
Well, maybe a little.

Coop said...

Ed-ward-o - send me an email to the link on the side of the page (I think if you click on my name, it brings you to it)

If not, then PM it to me on FU. Plenty of room on Coops Super Secret List. Although it's not so secret, if people are being asked to be put on it!

Unruly Jets Fan: said...

Hang in there Coop! You should go to the game tonight and be with your family, The Mets! Even if you go alone, you won't be alone.

Cheer up kiddo, feel the pain and go anyhow!

DG said...

Coop, I hope you told Mr. Coop that you are the official Coop and he's just mud. Seriously, sorry to hear about the life changes; as hard as it is to believe when you are "in it", these things often lead to better times, deeper times. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy you a beer at Shea, but if you are ever in Paris, a bottle of wine awaits!

Shari said...

Coop- So sorry to hear about you & Mr Coop-
I won't throw any cliches at you, just wanted to say I was sorry.

Peter N said...

Chin up, Miss C...that's the single version of the name...I think....I am almost sure I think...sometimes I just shouldn't think! It's Peter N. on Sunday 5/27.....new here, for now....thanks for the link! I'll catch up soon.