Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Takin It Easley!

What a great game. I don't have much to say about this game except that a.) the mets are still in first, 2.) first place teams win games like these and D.) Endy Chavez is still the Best Little Bastard in Baseball (BLBB)* courtesy of BMF.

I was totally resigned to this being on the losing end of a great pitcher's duel. But of course these Mets prove once again the old adage - it aint over til it's over.

PS I still *heart* Joe Smith. And the young guy gets his first ML win. Nice!

Oh and the Yankees lost. Again. To the Devil Rays. Life is gooooooood!

**********************************************
Visit my friend Mike at the Metropolitans for some good dialogue on Willie.

**********************************************
Break out the brooms for tomorrow! Mr. Coop gets to go, and I don't! Oh well, I'll get over it.

Later

4 comments:

mr. met said...

The Mets won....the Braves won...looks like this will be a two team race. The NL East is pretty weak at the bottom.

The Mets cannot waste games at this point and Willie needs to manage like he is trying to put some space between the Mets and the Braves. I do not care if it is early, the Braves look legit.

BookieD said...

Good to see Gary get excited about Endy ("He lays down a drag bunt!!!"). It was a fun way to end a tension filled game (and a lackluster American Idol, the highlight of which was watching Easly's homer on PIP). Songs that inspire you??? How'bout "Meet the Mets"!

The Braves do look legit, and I agree they'll be around for a the entire season, barring injury. However, the Phillies appear to have very quietly righted their sinking ship, and could very well inject themselves into the proceedings, bad bullpen and all. Four straight and counting (even if some came over the Nationals). Every game counts!

mr. met said...

Whoa...I didn't even notice the Phillies won four in a row. I had stopped looking at their box scores.

Shari said...

Hey Coop- Regarding Delgado, I think it's due to hisbeing a new father for the first time-he was hitting .500 in SPringTraining prior to ther week he took of whenhis baby was born-Hey I have a new puppy and the sleep depravation is unbelievable, I can only imagine that it's 100 times worse with a child.