Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself...

Hi!!!

The handle's Coop, and I would venture to say that most of you know me as being a prominent and opinionated commenter on several blogs (special shout outs to Ed from Westchester, The Metropolitans, Y2K: Promote the Curse, and Brooklyn Met Fan). As a result of these comments, I have made some interesting acquaitances and have quoted several people on some funny stuff I have read in the "rooms."

So to give you a little background...I'm a Jersey girl through and through. I work in Manhattan and hate my job. I have two cats who are the loves of my lives -- I have no problem saying that I'll be a crazy cat lady when I'm like 90. I have been in a committed relationship for the last six years. I'm finishing up an MBA program next week and finally will have a semblance of a social life at hand after two years. Oh yeah...and I'm a lifelong Mets fan, which is probably the most important and time-consuming part of my life!! Possibly, my biggest passion in life is going to Mets games and having new experiences in new ballparks. This season alone I am *finally* making it over to the Cit in Philly, and I'm going on a trip to the Midwest when the Stems make it to Milwaukee and Chicago. HELL YEAH BITCHES!!!!

So what is the focus of this blog? Well, I'm not a "stat-head." In fact, when the conversation turns to VORP, OPS, BB/K ratio (OK, I think that's pretty cool, but that's about it), etc, my eyes pretty much glaze over. I'm also not one of those "girly" Met fans who wears pink hats and gets all shrieky for "Sugar Pants" David Wright (though admittedly, he *is* cute). I like to analyze the state of affairs of the team, focus on the strengths and what I perceive to be weakness -- for example, Shawn Green - super weak. Oliver Perez (or "Oh Pea" as I like to call him) -- potential strength. Consider this blog to be a cross between Brooklyn Met Fan and Ed's Blue and Orange (and green!) Cafe...lots of opinions, relevant stuff in the media...but a little softer. After all, I *am* a chick. But I won't bore you with girly details.

What I do know is this...2006 was possibly one of the funnest years I've had as a lifelong Mets fan. I became a full season ticket plan holder for the first time in my life. Going to games, meeting new people and the "social aspect" is possibly the most unique aspect of baseball. And I plan to chroncle that along with my very strong opinions on the state of the Mets and baseball in general. Come join me on this magical ride!!

COMING TOMORROW: State of affairs for the 2007 Mets

23 comments:

mr. met said...

A few things...

1st, it's good that you got this out of the way....

I have been in a committed relationship for the last six years.

Or else you'd receive a lot of marriage proposals. In fact, you might want to mention that daily....daily. You'd be amazed how many I get from guys so I cannot imagine how many you'll get.

2nd, I'm glad you found a way to drop HELL YEAH BITCHES and Sugar Pants in one post. Frankly, you might be the first person in the universe to have done that. Truly special feat and you did it on the first day....well, not technically the 1st day but you get the idea.

3rd, I love the fact you a proud to be a Jersey girl. Best state in the union.

4th, YOU KNOW OPS and BB/K ratio! Give yourself a little credit...

5th, please switch to the pop up window for comments...

6th, Remember the golden rule. When you have no content to write about, make fun of some else.

Game on!

Mets Grrl said...

congrats and welcome! and, even more - congrats on finishing yr MBA. I did that. It sucked.

p.s. you'll still get marriage proposals. and prepare yourself for the haranguing you'll get for not having a photograph on the site. married or not.

Coop said...

Metsgrrl...I am getting not only marriage proposals but ultimate crap for not having a pic of myself. I don't like taking pics of myself, but I have one on mets.com/fanphotos that I direct people to.

Mike I'll try to switch to pop-up window. I like this format though!! But anything to make my Mr Met "Mr happy." JERSEY!!

Mike said...

I haven't gotten any marriage proposals!

What's up with that???

Ed in Westchester said...

I haven't gotten any proposals of the wedding variety.
It has been proposed that I take a long walk off a short pier and stuff like that.

Welcome to the blogosphere Coop.
Link added of course.
Thanks for the shout out.

Ed in Westchester said...

Oh, and where is this pic?
You mention you direct people, so, direct away.

Mets Guy in Michigan said...

Welcome, Coop! Glad you're in the blogging mix! Make that roadtrip to Milwaukee. It's a nice little yard.

-- Mets Guy

Itsmetsforme said...

i refuse to comment on this blog until I get a marriage proposal.

Itsmetsforme said...

damn you got me.
"
I'm also not one of those "girly" Met fans who wears pink hats and gets all shrieky for "Sugar Pants" David Wright (though admittedly, he *is* cute).
"


hehheh. its a slapdown.

Itsmetsforme said...

"the coopster"?

that's your signoff?

Coopsey
Coop-there-it-is
DontPoopinmyCoop
AllCoopedup
TheCoop-is-halffull
Flewthecoop


And...why no link to the merchandise?

http://www.coopstuff.com/index2.html

BookieD said...

Coop--Congratulations on the new site! I look forward to another season of Mets blog commenting, and it's nice to have another place to display my unwanted opinions and comments. Here's hoping you stick with it longer than I did back in '06 (BTW-Mike, were do you go these days to discuss the happenings on American Idol and LOST?)

Coop said...

For the record, the photo is on Mets.com/fanphotos - go to the game on Monday July 3 vs. Pirates. gallery 14 - pic 13
Mr coop is also in the pic. Enjoy!

mr. met said...

If you like it, then I guess I'm okaaaaay with it. It's selfish reasons for me. I sit on a trading desk type set-up which leaves little privacy to say the least. It's easier to have the pop-up window if I'm going to post and what-not. But It's all good and I'll deal! CONGRATS AGAIN!

Coop said...

Dude, I just changed it!!! Happy now? I'm officially your bitch! Hell yeah!! Hee hee hee

Coop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mr. met said...

Holy pop-up. This wasn't here two minutes ago.

Anyway...am I dumb, or can I only watch the game on MLB TV?

mr. met said...

I'm happier about the double post actually.

Coop said...

Well, I didn't want to say anything but...;-)
No the game aint on anywhere. I guess MLBTV is the way to go. Bummer. I wanted to see Oh Pea.

Sassdawg. said...

Ollie Ollie Ollie Oy Oy Oy!!! FYI, Ollie went 6 Innings 4 hits/2 walks and 0 earned.

Rotation Watch

Glavine
El Duque
John Maine
Ollie
and Pelfrey, he threw an awesome game last night

Has anyone looked at this yet:

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/fan_forum/survey_wrightsong_form.jsp

I am calling for a write in campaign for Superfreak - Rick James.

~Sassdawg.~

Coop said...

Sass - how's your pop?

Mike said...

the photo is on Mets.com/fanphotos - go to the game on Monday July 3 vs. Pirates. gallery 14 - pic 13

So there she is! Coop is a blonde! Whattaya know.

(And Mr. Coop sporting the old-school Brooklyn Dodgers cap. Very nice.)

Mike said...

Oh, and I added your link too. Sorry not to have done it earlier.

Sassdawg. said...

Pop is doing good, leaving for Italy this weekend. How's that for a speedy recovery!!!

~Dawg~